Who May Be Eligible
What is the TRUTH?
You Are Innocent Until Proven Guilty: We have all heard this but what does it mean?
- The burden is on the prosecution to prove you are guilty
- Until they do, you are NOT GUILTY
- The prosecution will use talented lawyers to prove their case
- A skillful lawyer on your side is your best defense
All Arrested People Are Guilty of Something
- NOT TRUE
- The burden to be arrested is very low by legal standards
- The decision to arrest is often based on one side of the story. It is your lawyer’s job is to make sure your side of the story gets told
Only Completely Innocent People Should Stand Up for Their Rights?
- NOT TRUE
- In fact, our criminal justice system is designed to be adversarial, which means, the prosecution is going to fight hard to prosecute you. You are expected to fight hard to defend yourself. It is the way the system is designed
- Sometimes people are in the wrong place at the wrong time: You Must FIGHT!
- You may have committed a very minor crime, but you got charged with a very serious crime: You Must FIGHT!
(it is best to consult with a legal professional to understand your options)